We are loving all things glitter this October! These glitter Halloween cards are super fun to put together and to give. You can find these in our Silhouette Shop. If you're scared of glitter, don't worry, we put together a tutorial on how to make these fun cards!
-Glitter (we used fine glitter, but you could use more course glitter)
-Mod Podge (we used gloss, but you could use any kind)
-1 piece of copy paper
-SVG card cutouts
1. Cut out all SVGS and gather the materials listed above. We used white, black, and purple. It's helpful if your front paper's color contrasts to the color of glitter you're using. This makes the glitter show up better.
2. Once you have all of the card cutouts and supplies, take your piece of copy paper and fold it in half, so you can easily put the extra glitter back in the jar later. This paper will be your working surface to catch the extra glitter and Mod Podge.
3. Next, take your foam brush and dip it in Mod Podge. Cover any area you want glittered with a thin layer of Mod Podge. Put the copy paper underneath to contain any Mod Podge and glitter that goes over the edge.
4. After the whole piece is covered in Mod Podge, take the glitter and sprinkle it over the area the Mod Podge covers. Be very generous with the glitter so it covers everything. Remember, you will be able to put the extra back in the container so make sure everything is covered well.
Once the paper is covered, it should look like this:
5. To make sure the glitter to stays in place better, use your finger to tap the glitter lightly. This make sure more glitter adheres to the Mod Podge.
6. Wait for the Mod Podge to dry a few minutes, and it should look like this:
Tip: If you are worried about the glitter transferring too much, you can put another layer of Mod Podge on top. If you use gloss Mod Podge, the glitter wont lose it's sparkle.
7. Once you're done with the glitter, fold the copy paper with the glitter on the inside and pour the excess back into the container.
8. You're done with the glitter, now onto how to put together the rest of the card!
9. For the rest of the card, gather all of your SVG cutouts and pop dots.
10. Place pop dots on the backside of each layer and attach it to the center of the card.
11. Do this for all layers. The ovals go from the biggest to the smallest with pop dots in between each layer. You can see the 3D from this picture:
Now you have fantastic glitter Halloween card!