There are several cute little Accordion Projects in the MiniLou Silhouette Store! Here's the basics of how to put some of these together. Use these to put together any of the MiniLou Kid Accordion Projects!
Peacock Accordion Tail
1. Cut out all the pieces on your Silhouette Machine.
2. Fold an accordion using the score lines on each of the scored pieces (in this case blue and green).
3. Continue folding back and forth until the entire piece is folded.
4. Glue together the two blue pieces along one of the edges to make one continuous accordion.
5. Glue each of the two green accordion pieces on either side of the peacock.
6. Glue just the bottom of each of the green accordions to create a fan.
7. Pull the fan down on either side and glue to the small rectangle piece to keep the fan open. Note: you really have to spend some time pulling this fan out. It will buckle a bit back because it wants to be tight. Over time or with a lot of pulling it will stay fanned out.
8. Glue the blue accordion together at the bottom to create a fan. Glue it also the to bottom piece completely fanned out to finish the peacock.
Makes a fun project for a kid to put together or a place setting!
Paper Dolls with Accordion Dresses
These cute little dolls come all named in the shop (shown here are Emily and Charlotte).
1. Cut out and glue together the fans as shown in the Peacock project above.
2. Use a pin to push out any small pieces that didn't get cut out. Glue together the body pieces with the black in back and hair on top.
3.Glue on all the accessories (bows, ties, dress pieces) and then finally add the accordion dress.
Bird Accordion Wing
1. Make the accordion as shown in the peacock project. Glue down to the base of the bird as the "wing."
2. Glue on the leg, eye, and beak. All finished!
There are several projects like this in the MiniLou shop! So fun to make these little crafts with your kids!