We love all things “mini” including this new Little Farm Set that you can make from our Silhouette and DigiPlayground shops! This whimsical play set is an enchanting, imaginative tool for your little ones to play with!
This set comes with a barn & silo, tractor, farmhouse, cow with hay bale, pig with mid, horse with trough, chicken with coop, and sheep with its fence.
You could build any kind of “play area” for your set. Ours is situated a planter bottom and 12″ cork board (purchased at your local construction store) and a 12 inch moss (purchased at your local craft store).
The animals are simple double folds (for standing). The tractor is folded as well for standing. The fence is put together simply with the inserts of one fence being pushed through the openings in the adjoining fence.
You can always make all the pieces to scale (we didn’t so that little hands could play with all the pieces!) by making your animal sets smaller and the house/barn/silo bigger.
This is a fun educational set and perfect for spring!
Here are the instructions for putting together the barn, silo, and farmhouse:
The farmhouse, barn, and silo are similar to some of MiniLou’s other sets. If you have more questions about how to put together the farmhouse, barn, or silo, check out our tutorial for Little Town.
1.Cut out all svg files for the farmhouse. I cut out the main part of the farmhouse in off-white, the doors and windows in red for a fun accent, and roof in dark grey.
2. There are two parts to the farmhouse, the bigger part and the smaller add-on part. Start with the bigger, main part of the house. Take the main piece that will be the walls and glue the tabs on each side of the walls. Fold the four sides up to create a open box.
3. For the roof, crease the score lines and glue to the roof to the tabs coming up from the sides of the main part of the house.
4. Add the doors and windows to finish the main part of the farmhouse.
5. For the smaller part, glue the tabs and fold it together the same way you did the bigger part, then add the roof, doors, and windows.
6. To finish the farmhouse, glue the tall side of the smaller part to the windowless side of the bigger part.
1. Cut out all of your svg files. I cut out the main part of the barn in red and doors, windows, and roof in white.
2. Start with the main part of the barn. Glue the tabs next to the walls of the building and fold them up and together.
3. Once you have the bottom of the building together, glue the tabs on the roof to the sides of the barn.
4. To attach the roof, crease the score lines and glue the white pieces to the top of the barn.
5. To finish, glue the doors and windows to the appropriate places.
1. The silo is similar to the barn and the farmhouse. The roof is the only thing that’s a little different. I cut out the main part in red and the roof and door in white, just like the barn.
2. For the main part of the silo, glue the wall tabs together so it looks similar to a cylinder.
3. For the roof, take the circle and overlap the paper where the cut is about half of an inch. Glue it so it holds its shape. It should be cone shaped and have a point now.
4. Once your roof is ready, glue the roof to the tabs on the body of the silo.
5. Put the door on and you’re done!
Make all of the pieces of the Little Farm set for your kids to play with!